"I applaud the mission of the Global Security Challenge that understood this principle of fostering innovation and the innovative entrepreneurs who competed in this competition with their high-quality technologies."
- Jay Cohen, Under Secretary for S&T, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Grand Challenge Services
Grand Challenge services are custom-designed for each client, from initial design to post-award programs. Custom packaging enables our clients to pick and choose which services they need. Typical services include:
- Ideation: Taking a client’s idea to a tested concept ready for design. This service is often offered in the form of a workshop.
- Design: Designing competition, including timeline, processes, rules, terms and conditions, legal framework, questions, description, and name aligned with the marketing strategy to achieve high visibility and prominence.
- Fundraising: Developing a business model, approaching potential sponsors/partners, pitching at meetings, and securing a prize fund.
- Partnership: Composition of scientific steering committees or advisory boards as well as identification of collaborating parties.
- Marketing: Creating marketing material, researching appropriate contacts and building a targeted database, and establishing and connecting to relevant networks. Marketing services cover all communication from pre-announcement to post-competition, including launch and website management.
- Execution: Attracting entrants, addressing external requests and queries, managing the submission process, and ensuring coherence with marketing campaigns.
- Judging: Establishing judging criteria and panel guidelines, recruiting and briefing judges, assigning judges at online and live stage, liaison throughout, and moderation of live panels.
- Events: Planning and running final events, typically including live interaction of finalists with the audience, judging sessions, and award ceremony. Services can range from planning a competition session as part of an existing event to running a stand-alone event, including recruiting audience and handling all logistics.
- Platform: Providing Solver submission platforms as well as the back end for relevant judging processes. For more sophisticated Challenge types, such as predictive analytics, we have an in-house software development team.
- Reporting: Collecting feedback from all stakeholders, measuring of return-on-investment, and monitoring market impact.
- Public Relations: Promoting the results and findings of the competition, thus ensuring sustainable impact.
- Community engagement: Engaging with the community, following up with winners and finalists, and maintaining a network of experts.