Limited resources. Sequestration and potential decreases in funding. Greater focus on efficient and effective use of public funds for innovation. Governments around the globe are facing many of the same dilemmas. As you struggle with these new realities, you must continue to innovate, govern, solve problems, and serve constituents.
InnoCentive’s work with the public sector – Air Force Research Labs, NASA, In-Q-Tel and the intelligence community, Oil Spill Recovery Institute, and others – reveals that agencies are serious about finding solutions to problems that matter most to their missions, advocating public-private partnerships, and promoting transparency, openness, and collaboration across agencies.
Our public sector clients are achieving these goals by leveraging proven open innovation tools and services to deliver against their missions in safe, secure, and compliant ways. InnoCentive's unique approach to open innovation provides the public sector with:
- Access to an unprecedented global community – Millions of potential Solvers to help solve your most pressing Challenges.
- Choices for Challenge distribution – Using a combination of InnoCentive Premium Challenges and InnoCentive@Work Challenge Platform enables collaboration and solutions to trusted Solvers within and across agencies, as well as with partners and InnoCentive’s Global Solver Community.
- Options to run high-profile Challenges – Uniquely tailored to your needs, we offer Custom Challenge Programs for solving big problems and encouraging breakthrough innovations.
- Risk-free solution finding – Pay for success, not trial and error.
- Proven and secure technology – On-premise and self-service platforms for open innovation internally with integrated options for global connections.
- Full confidentiality and anonymity – Your agency’s identity is protected at all times.
- Expert Services – Our Professional Development and Training Services ensure rapid and successful startup, methodology transfer, and a sustainable innovation program.
- Compliance – InnoCentive is Executive Order 12333 (disclosure) and Section 508 (access requirements for people with disabilities) compliant; We are also on the GSA Schedule.
Overview of Solutions for the Public Sector & Government
- Premium Challenges: Online platform for crowdsourcing innovation problems to talented minds from all over the world who compete to provide novel ideas and solutions to important Challenges.
- InnoCentive@Work: Cloud-based enterprise innovation management platform for building collaborative internal innovation communities to harness the collective intelligence of your employees and partners.
- Custom Challenge Programs: High-profile Challenge programs and innovation competitions, uniquely tailored to your needs, for solving big problems and encouraging breakthrough innovations.
In December 2011, InnoCentive and Booz Allen Hamilton joined forces to help government and commerical organizations harness the power of prize-based Challenges, open innovation, and crowdsourcing to solve critical mission issues faster and more effectively. The alliance provides clients with integrated, full-service open innovation and Challenge offerings including the Booz Allen Hamilton-InnoCentive Open Innovation Diagnostic Program. This Program combines InnoCentive’s unique Challenge Driven Innovation methodology and problem solving platform coupled with Booz Allen Hamilton’s deep technical expertise, implementation, and management capabilities within both government and commercial organizations.