Challenging the Public To Do Good
Securing the funding to maintain a sustainable organization that can accomplish its mission is the most significant challenge facing most nonprofit organizations (NPOs). Yet fundraising efforts have come under severe pressure, as NPOs have been forced to lay off workers, and both governments and donors are increasingly scrutinizing their contributions and demanding to see real impact from them. Indeed, the measurement of outcomes in an open and transparent manner is becoming the new currency of philanthropy.
So what is a nonprofit organization to do when faced with such constraints and pressures? One answer is to leverage the power of Premium Challenges and high-visibility Custom Challenge Programs as critical mechanisms for:
- Developing creative programs focused on the mission to solve Challenges that matter most for the public good.
- Assisting fundraising efforts by bringing significant energy, interest, and buzz to the Challenges at hand.
- Optimizing scarce resources by extending reach to diverse people who care about today’s important Challenges.
- Harnessing the same proven innovation methods and tools that commercial enterprises have had at their disposal for years.
Overview of Solutions for Nonprofits & Foundations
- Premium Challenges: Online platform for crowdsourcing innovation problems to talented minds from all over the world who compete to provide novel ideas and solutions to important Challenges.
- Custom Challenge Programs: High-profile Challenge programs and innovation competitions, uniquely tailored to your needs, for solving big problems and encouraging breakthrough innovations.
NPOs have a tremendous opportunity to achieve their goals and push their missions forward by embracing Challenge Driven Innovation. Imagine being able to harness the same proven innovation methods and tools that commercial enterprises have had at their disposal for years. Then imagine the energy and excitement that prize-based competitions can drive both within the organization and across external fundraising efforts. And finally, think about the actual solutions that can be delivered as a result of tapping into the collective wisdom of problem Solvers around the globe.
Why not challenge the public to do good?