Enel is seeking ideas and detailed descriptions for innovative services and/or products to offer industrial and commercial customers worldwide that leverage collected energy-related data as well as data from other sources.
This is an Ideation Challenge with a guaranteed award for at least one submitted solution.
An enormous quantity of energy-related data is collected every day from energy meters and other systems installed within customers’ buildings. Energy invoices are also a source of information such as energy consumption and peaks with related cost impacts and history of payments, carbon footprint, energy tariffs, facility operations, and weather conditions. Enel already offers a range of solutions leveraging this data but is interested in gathering detailed ideas and descriptions for other offerings that utilize this data and possibly combine it with external data sources to provide unique products and/or services to industrial and commercial customers.
This Challenge provides contribution to the following SDGs:
This is an Ideation Challenge, which has the following unique features:
Submissions to this Challenge must be received by 11:59 PM (Central European Time) on 7 October 2018.
Late submissions will not be considered.
This Challenge is hosted on the Enel Open Innovability Site and further details are available there. You will be redirected there when you click ‘View Challenge Details’.
After the Challenge deadline, the Seeker will complete the review process and make a decision with regards to the Winning Solution(s). All Solvers that submit a proposal will be notified on the status of their submissions; however, no detailed evaluation of individual submissions will be provided.
ABOUT THE SEEKER
Enel is a multinational energy company and one of the world’s leading integrated electricity and gas operators. Enel works in 35 countries across 5 continents, generating energy with a net installed capacity of almost 85 GW, selling gas and distributing electricity across a network spanning approximately 2.2 million km.
With 63.5 million end users around the world, Enel has the biggest customer base among its European competitors, and it is one of Europe’s leading energy companies by installed capacity and reported EBITDA. The Group is made up of nearly 62,900 people who help promote Enel’s two cardinal principles: innovation and sustainability.
Enel is dedicated to creating innovative solutions that meet society’s changing needs. Through its openinnovability.enel.com crowdsourcing platform, the company connects people and ideas from across the world, encouraging anyone to propose sustainable innovation projects and solutions that help develop local communities.
Enel is also committed to helping to achieve four of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
1. Access to affordable and clean energy
2. Support for quality education
3. Contributing to socio-economic development in the communities in which Enel operates
4. The fight against climate change
Who we are
We are a global company with strong roots in the energy sector and an open strategy geared towards digitalization, sustainability and innovation. We use smart, simple and fast technologies to help our customers discover a new way of using energy, all over the world.
Enel X covers a global field of action
In order to provide the new solutions requested by customers and to be ready for the future, we have decided to structure our business line into four Global Product Lines:
· e-Industries, offering solutions aimed at large-scale customers, with a particular focus on flexible services (consulting, technologies linked to energy efficiency, distributed generation and the creation of off-grid and Demand Response solutions);
· e-Mobility, covering every type of customer, with the aim of becoming the technological leader in the sector and promoting increasingly widespread and efficient electrical mobility with charging infrastructures, Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) and second-battery life services;
· e-Home, dedicated to residential customers, with services like installation and maintenance of advanced technological solutions for the home; for smarter homes, capable of saving more and more energy and offering greater wellbeing;
· e-City, offering public administrations and municipalities integrated services and connectivity solutions, like the wholesale offer of fibre optic services.
· Alongside the four Global Product Lines, we have also created the “Innovation & Product Lab,” which conceives, develops and tests new products and services. This is often with the help of customers.
What is an InnoCentive Ideation™ Challenge?
An InnoCentive Ideation™ Challenge is a broad question formulated to obtain access to new ideas, similar to a global brainstorm for producing a breakthrough idea or market survey which may include ideas for a new product line, a new commercial application for a current product, or even a viral marketing idea to recruit new customers. Ideation™ Challenge submissions are typically about two written pages, and Seekers receive a non-exclusive, perpetual license to use all submissions.
In an Ideation™ Challenge, Solvers may:
Solvers should not reveal any confidential information in their submissions. Often the Ideation™ Challenge will be followed by one or more of the other three Challenge types to further develop the ideas and gain Intellectual Property protection when the concept has been well-defined.