InnoCentive EMEA: Manager, Challenge Design and Development
December 2, 2015
Are you interested in innovation and crowdsourcing? Inspired by the ability of structured challenges and diverse, multi-disciplinary approaches to find solutions to problems and drive innovation more effectively than classical approaches? Join InnoCentive, the world’s pioneer in Challenge Driven Innovation and crowdsourcing.
The Challenge Design and Development Manager is responsible for helping clients achieve maximal value from InnoCentive’s Challenge Driven Innovation and crowdsourcing services. A key responsibility is driving Challenge posting volumes by providing pre- and post-sales Challenge consultation with InnoCentive clients. The position is extremely rewarding for technically trained individuals with superior communication, presentation, facilitation, and project management skills. The successful candidate will join a team of scientists in the Client Services Department of InnoCentive, reporting to the Director of Client Services.
This position is based in the InnoCentive EMEA offices in central London, UK.
- Development, writing and administration of Challenges including research, consultation of experts, writing reports, and drafting and proofing of all prize design elements
- Guiding and consulting clients regarding technical aspects of Challenges
- Formulating Challenges from initial problem template to the final Challenge Statement
- Facilitating Solver questions to drive quality Solver submissions
- Design and execution of creative thinking workshops
- Deliver on-site, webinar, and teleconference presentations/facilitations which may include best practices of Challenge Driven Innovation, as well as Challenge brainstorming and prioritization for InnoCentive’s client organizational leaders
- Engaging with innovation communities
- Develop strong and sustained client relationships
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in organic chemistry, or closely related fields (examples: chemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry)
- 2+ years post-academic work experience in a research or external-facing position
- Chemistry and chemistry tool skills: may include: synthesis, combinatorial approaches, analytical methods, designing and characterizing new compositions of matter, library design and approaches to molecular space, molecular orbital theory, spectroscopy, chemoinformatics, SciFinder, Chemdraw, database software (e.g. Integrated Scientific Information System)
- Superb group presentation skills – professional, dynamic, and poised with senior-level audiences
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Personal attributes: Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, optimistic and can-do, collaborative, personable, effective at multi-tasking, and excited to explore new disciplines
Additional Beneficial Experience:
- Direct experience interacting with clients/customers
- Formal project/program management experience, particularly coordinating chemistry outsourcing
- Language skills beyond English
- Up to 25%
This position is available either on a part or a full time basis and based in our central London, UK offices. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package and encourage you to visit our website at: www.innocentive.com. Start date is TBC.
Please send a copy of your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining why we are best suited to work together to careers