- Access to InnoCentive’s premier Global Solver Community of over 375,000 diverse and creative thinkers and problem solvers from nearly 200 countries.
- Access 13 million+ creative minds through our partnerships.
- Whether you are looking for new ideas, breakthrough approaches, or a new product design, we have a powerful Challenge product to meet your needs.
- Proven confidentiality and IP transfer options ensure your Open Innovation efforts with InnoCentive are both secure and reliable.
- Ask everyone! With hundreds or even thousands of problem solvers engaged in your problem, you’ll quickly have access to a viable solution faster than ever before.
- Accomplish more by balancing project needs across existing teams and InnoCentive’s Global Solver Community to drive better innovation ROI inside and outside the organization.
- Receive a novel idea or solution to a problem that you can act on in as few as 30 days.
Innovate More Cost Effectively
- Don’t pay for failure! For technical or scientific Challenges, you only pay awards for solutions that meet your criteria and needs.
- Never pay extra for IP transfer/ownership – it is included in the cost of the Challenge.
The InnoCentive Premium Challenge Process
An InnoCentive Premium Challenge is a well-formed problem whose solution has high value to an organization. It is specific, detailed, actionable, and delivers a measurable outcome. A Challenge can come in a variety of forms, from pure idea generation – a broad question formulated to obtain access to new ideas – to a complex technical or scientific problem that requires more intellectual rigor. Via InnoCentive’s proven methodology and fully facilitated process, a Premium Challenge is developed with the help of our PhD-educated subject matter experts, posted to our global community of problem Solvers in the form of a competition, tracked, rated, and the submitted solutions evaluated and awarded.
Your Fully Facilitated Challenge Process
Our experienced team of Challenge experts – PhDs in a variety of fields, from biology to material sciences to computer sciences – are engaged in the Challenge process from beginning to end. An expert works with you to formulate a well-crafted Challenge that clearly decomposes and articulates the problem you are trying to solve and the specific criteria against which solutions will be evaluated. A Challenge is crafted in such a way as to protect your anonymity – should you desire it to be so, since some companies want to promote their Challenge to drive interest in them – and our team fully manages intellectual property transfers/licensing as well.
Once the Challenge is drafted, it is posted to InnoCentive’s 375,000-strong Global Solver Community which includes creative and diverse minds from around the world.
During the posting period, our experts respond to any Solver questions or requests for information, and forward solution proposals to you as they are submitted. After all the solutions have been received and the Challenge posting period ends, our experts will forward the remaining solutions for you to begin evaluation and winner selection. Once you have chosen the winner(s), we manage verification of the Solver’s identity, obtain their affidavit and necessary employer waiver, transfer the award to the Solver, and execute the appropriate IP treatment.
InnoCentive Premium Challenge Types